At any season and as your fancy dictates, feel free to come discover the appeal of Villandry...
Admission tickets for the Château and/or gardens of Villandry are only available for sale online for individual visitors during peak season running from 1 April to 31 October every year.
No specific dates are indicated on the tickets. They are valid from 1 April to 31 October during one year after their purchase. Tickets purchased online shall not provide the right to bypass admission lines.
Outside this period, tickets are only available for sale at the ticket counters.
If you wish to come as a group, please contact the Villandry team directly or consult the website pages reserved for groups, children groups and works councils.
Online single ticket sales
- (1) Reduced rates for visitors aged between 8 and 18 / Students below 26 years old on presentation of their cards
- (2) Documentary proof may be requested at the ticket counter
- Audioguide (grown-up version) to the chateau and gardens in French, English, Spanish, Italian and German: €4 (to be added to the entry fee).
- Audioguide (child version) to the chateau and gardens only in French: €4 (to be added to the entry fee).Unaccompanied visit with leaflet: average duration 2 hours.
- Leaflets for the visit of the chateau and gardens are available in: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Czech.
- Guided tours of the interior of the chateau are for individuals only and are in French: average duration 1 ¼ hours. Guided-tour in French from 11 March to 12 November 2017 (except in February and December, Sundays from 1 May to 30 September and some big week-ends .For groups, see the ‘Groups’ section of the website.
- The languages spoken on the site are French and English.
- Payment methods: We accept cash, bank cheques, giro cheques, debit cards (no minimum payment), “chèques vacances” and traveller’s cheques in euros.
- There is a cloakroom beyond the ticket office. Small bags, rucksacks and motorcycle helmets can be left there free of charge.
- Groups (price per person): Minimum 15 paying visitors / 2 free tickets for driver and accompanying person. For full details, see the “Groups” section.School parties: Prices, workshops and guided tours according to age group. For full details, see the “Groups” section of our website.
- Dogs are admitted in our gardens, kept on a lead throughout the visit. The small-sized dogs are tolerated in the castle on the condition of being in a bag adapted and to stay throughout the visit there.
- Free parking cars / buses are available near the castle.
- There is unsupervised bicycle parking at close proximity to the site.
- Picnics are not allowed in the park. We authorize you out lunch and then come back and finish your visit, the ticket is valid all day. A picnic area about 100m from the château entrance (behind the Tourist Office of Villandry) is available.